A group of senior IT engineers and developers from Cameroon have developed the most awaited cross-payment aggregator to ease online payment procedures. Payunit is the name of the software that is meant to seamlessly manage and process online payments for applications and websites.
Payunit is coming at a time when online merchants including software developers, website owners, entrepreneurs, and enterprises have been clamoring for a trustworthy and technically seamless cross payment aggregator in Cameroon as is obtained in other countries in Africa.
Payunit is not designed to compete, but to unite digital solutions and reinvent payments in Africa that are divided by virtual boundaries.
Payunit has come therefore to solve three main problems among many others:
- Developers in Cameroon have been facing difficulties integrating payment options on their apps. Getting payment APIs from telecom giants and financial institutions is administratively daunting and time-consuming.
- The few existing payment aggregators in Cameroon are not well documented. This gives much work to the developers as they have to do a level of background work before integrating and running payment on their applications.
- The few payment aggregators are technically limited in the scope of implantation. Meaning that they do not take into consideration developers’ programming language preferences in the integration process.
Considering these existing gap in the fintech industry in Cameroon, Payunit has come with the following operational solutions:
- Ease of integration: Payunit has been built to utmost simplicity. With just 3 lines of code and few clicks, a developer is done integrating the payment aggregator to his/her app or website.
- More documentation: Payunit has been well documented to enable the ease to use for all online merchants. After spending more than a year to get APIs from telecom giants and financial institutions, Payunit has made available major APIs such as MTN Mobile Money, Orange Money, YUP, Express Union, Express Exchange, UBA under one platform.
- Ease to use: Payunit has been built in a way that once integrated into any website or online application, the user experience for the end-user whether tech-savvy or not is hassle-free involving few clicks.
“The availability of one more SDK is important but not key. The cry from developers and business owners about payment aggregation is mostly in the integration steps and the end-user experience on their websites and applications. Regardless of the SDK used, on Payunit it typically takes 3 steps to start collecting payments after one has signed up to the platform. The promise of the Payunit platform is to deliver on unique user experience without sacrificing the accessibility to different PSPs (Payment Service Providers) across Africa” Says the project lead Akah Harvey.
When it comes to choosing a payment aggregator to integrate into a website or application, developers or businesses think of the merchant fee. Despite its reliability and technical prowess, Payunit platform is offering the cheapest merchant fee currently in the market.
“One unique value proposition of payunit is the fact that we realized there was a growing need for flutter developers in the community and so built the Payunit flutter SDK. It would currently be the only such platform in Cameroon. Keeping in touch with developers and local entrepreneurs, we believe we are better placed to understand and translate their worries into useful solutions that are plug-n-play”. Added Akah Harvey.
Knowing the problems that come with reliability and continuity as far as tech products are concerned in Africa, the good news is the Payunit team is working tirelessly to enhance and make the solution more sophisticated while keeping simplicity at the center of its design.
With already 30 users before the pre-launch, the Payunit team have realized how problem-solving the platform is meeting the need of its target market and as a result, a merchant fee discount has been set for the first 200 users in the next 3months.
For more enquiries write to:
Quick chat: WhatsApp
Payunit team: email@example.com